Friday, July 01, 2011

The Mojito

I decided to try making my own Mojito from scratch. I've used the mixes and while they are good, I honestly know that you can't beat anything that is homemade!!

My cubemate had given me a mint plant so I had fresh mint on hand as well as club soda and rum. And I always have limes.

I used the recipe provided by Bacardi on their website. I must say they are very yummy and as I usually do after making something from scratch, I'll never go back to using a mix for my Mojitos!! It's a little extra work, but well worth it!!

Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 Oz. Bacardi Superior Rum
Club Soda
12 Mint Leaves
1/2 Lime
2 Tbsp. Simple Syrup or 1 Tbsp. Sugar

INSTRUCTIONS

Muddle 12 fresh mint leaves and 1/2 a lime. Cover with 2 Tbsp. of simple syrup or 1 Tbsp. of sugar and top with ice. Add 1 1/2 oz of BACARDI Superior Rum and top with Club Soda. Stir well and garnish with a lime wedge and sprig of mint. Pin It

No comments: