- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, diced, divided
- 6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled, divided (about 6 ounces)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, roasted
- Crackers for serving
- Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cilantro, garlic, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, half of the diced jalapeños and half of the crumbled cooked bacon. Taste and adjust seasonings and add salt.
- Place the roasted pecans and remaining diced jalapeños and bacon on a plate. Stir together so well mixed. With your hands, roll the cheese mixture into a ball, then place on the plate and roll in the jalapeños, bacon and pecans until covered.
- Chill covered for at least an hour before serving. Serve with crackers.