Friday, November 29, 2013

Whiskey Sour


Back to my mantra of making things from scratch, I even do that with my cocktails.  Yep, I make my own simple syrup and sour mix.  It's just better that way, honestly, and is worth the extra few minutes you take to do it.

Here is a simple recipe for a Whiskey Sour.  The sour mix is made by simply combining the lemon juice, sugar and water so you could potentially mix that ahead of time in larger portions, store in your frig, and keep on hand.  If doing that, you would use 4 ounces of mix for this recipe.

 Whiskey Sour   

Yields: 1 Servings
Ingredients
1 1/2 ounce Whiskey
1 ounce Lemon juice
1 ounce Sugar
2 ounce Water
Crushed ice
Maraschino cherry 


 
Instructions
Combine the lemon juice, sugar and water to make sour mix. Mix sour mix with whiskey in shaker of crushed ice. Pour into high ball glass, garnishing with cherry. Or strain into martini glass, again garnishing with cherry.
Pin It

No comments: