Wednesday, July 02, 2008

And Just When You Think You've Seen It All . . .

Okay, every day riding the transit system is definitely a new experience. It never ceases to amaze me the number of different people one sees on the daily commute. There are construction workers, businessmen in suits, fast food workers, office workers, college students, homeless people - you name it, they're on the train!

Today though, I saw something that almost had me on the floor laughing so hard. A rather tall gentleman had come down the escalator and was waiting at the platform for the next Northbound train. I was standing right beside him, also waiting for the train, when I noticed he was carrying something under his arm. It was, yes indeed, a hemorroid pillow just like the one pictured above. His was orange though and I swear he looked as if he were about to head down to the shore with his tiny life preserver and "save" someone. Poor man - I felt so bad for him! If that had been me (and thank goodness it isn't) I think I would deflate it, stuff it in my laptop bag and then inflate it when I arrived at work. No one would be the wiser. :) If I see him tomorrow, perhaps I'll suggest that to him (not!).

You definitely see all kinds and all things on the public transit system. I told a friend of mine today - if it weren't so darn entertaining, I just don't know if I could do this day in and day out! But it is incredibly entertaining. And so I continue participating, saving scads of money and lots of gas, and usually walking around with a smile on my face! Pin It

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Or how about 2 pillows... one for work and one for home. Lucky for him, I wouldn't have known what it was :-).... but now I would.

Jen