Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why Is It That . . .

Strangers insist on talking to you when you have earbuds in your ears on the bus/train/shuttle and you are obviously listening to something? This happens to me daily on the commute to and from work and for the life of me, I cannot understand. Do they think I have earbuds in my ears because "it looks cool"? Or do they think the earbuds in my ears are "a new fashion accessory"? Or perhaps they think I'm with the FBI and I'm "tapping" in on someone. I don't know but what I do know is it's quite disturbing to get disturbed in the middle of a wonderful song by the Beatles or Keith Urban or Frank Sinatra or Jimmy Buffet or the Goo Goo Dolls or Kenny Chesney or anyone for that matter (the list is endless, as you can see).

Yes, I am usually listening to some music or a downloaded podcast or something on my most delightful Zune. It's quite relaxing, I must say, and definitely beats listening to everything else around me! I'm obviously just not that social when it comes to sitting in a contained moving object with a bunch of folks I don't know! Oh well, I try but honestly, my only goal on the bus/train/shuttle is to get from one point to another - safely and without error. I am usually successful! Pin It

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Maybe you should get some old school ear phones, so its more obvious.

Jen