Saturday, January 03, 2009

A First Tonight . . .

And I hope a last! I gave the girls each a piece of dehydrated lamb lung as an after dinner treat. Lucy ate hers fine, Sugar almost took my finger off getting hers but she ate hers fine and Remi grabbed hers rather like a lady. I've been working with them on this and they are all doing much better, except for Sugar.

Anyway, I could tell within seconds that Remi was having trouble with her treat. It appeared it was stuck in her throat and she couldn't chew it. I was afraid it was cutting off her air supply which it probably was. My gut and first reaction was to reach in her mouth and grab the thing and pull it out. This was after chasing her from dog bed to dog bed as she continued to attempt to choke it up and as she continued to get more distressed and more distressed. I finally caught up to her (walking boot, bum foot and all) and I reached in and grabbed it. Sure enough, it was stuck in her throat like a potato chip. Pretty darn disgusting but my dear Remi is doing well as I write this. Never a dull moment, is it? Pin It

3 comments:

Zan said...

Oh wow - how scary. I'm glad all is well now!

Alex said...

A new meaning to coughing up a lung.
I hope that BOTH you and Remi suffer no lasting negative side effects from this episode!

Gerry said...

Glad all is okay! What a scary thing to happen.