Saturday, October 18, 2008

Relapse

The Sugarhead has had a relapse. This week it has become increasingly difficult to get her to eat. And that is, eat ANYTHING substantial. She would continue eating her "cookies" and the like, but not her breakfast or dinner. Bits and pieces, but not the whole thing, you know? This morning she even refused to eat her ground rabbit that I had put down for her. If a Greyhound won't eat rabbit, you know something isn't right!

Anyway, as the morning light filtered into the living room, I noticed her belly is yellow again. So, a phone call to the vet and we were there in an hour for more blood tests. Her liver values are very high again, one even being "unregisterable" (not a word, I know) by their in-house machine.

The doc wanted me to hospitalize her for the weekend at the emergency vet for some fluids to flush her system of the toxins so her liver can work normally and not quite so hard. I just can't do a $2,000 vet bill right now so I begged him to let me take her home. He gave her some subcutaneous fluids before we left. We have antibiotics, too and another round of Denamarin.

We'll see how the weekend goes. I'm suppose to take her back Monday a.m. so they can give more fluids.

Again, hope and pray for "pink". She just has to get better! Pin It

5 comments:

Addie said...

Patti, I'm so sorry your Sugar baby isn't doing well today. I'll be "thinking pink" and hoping for a quick improvement.

Addie

KF-in-Georgia said...

Patti, I'm sorry you and Sugar are going through this again.

Thinking good thoughts for you...

christie said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Sugar!
Gemini and Heater

Zan said...

Sending pink thoughts!!

Zan Earnest
Nick and Rosie

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'm sorry :-(. I am thinking pink.

Jen