Monday, October 20, 2008

Yuck!!

Yep, that's a pretty disgusting sight, isn't it? But to my three girls yesterday, you would have thought I had invented raw turkey necks myself. They devoured them. Sugar was a little slower with hers but she did finish it and started on a second one but then decided she was full, I guess. I've saved it for her for tonight. By the way, she is at the hospital today getting fluids and such, per the docs orders from our visit on Saturday. She did not eat breakfast this morning and still hadn't eaten anything as of about 10:30 a.m. when I called to check on her.

I'm going to get some chicken backs and some sardines or mackeral or tripe and see if she'll eat any of those tonight.

Back to the turkey necks, I had no idea they could eat the whole thing but as I told my friend Heather, I looked one minute and they were steadfast eating away and the next minute the things were gone! That quick! They sure did enjoy them though.

It is said that turkey necks are nature's best toothbrush for dogs and I honestly have to agree. Remi's teeth looked 80% better than they had before the turkey neck. Sugar's too, and Lucy's as well. I will definitely add this to their diet on a weekly basis. Heck, it certainly beats a $300+ dental any ole day!! Pin It

2 comments:

Addie said...

It's so much fun to see the dogs enjoying their chow so much, isn't it? The difference that raw food has made in my guys' teeth is huge...Bruno has the freshest breath and looks like he just had a dental, and Hoover's "smile" is getting brighter, too. I think he may just be one of those guys who just doesn't have great teeth, but the progress is really, really encouraging.

I'm thinking of you and Sugar and hope for a good report soon.

Still thinking pink,
Addie

Debbie (Emma's mom) said...

Patti, I hope the sardines, mackeral, or tripe peak Sugar's interest in food! ...or salmon for 'pink' skin... ;-)

Thinking pink, also.