Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ginger Snaps

And here are the Ginger Snaps I promised I would make today. They are so delicious and are a favorite holiday cookie no matter where you are or who you are. Don't they look awesome? And they are so easy to make. Here's how:

1 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup molasses
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 egg
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 Cup shortening

Mix all ingredients. Roll into balls, then roll in sugar (I used white candy sprinkles). Bake on top rack in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Yields: 35 cookies.

Now, wasn't that easy? And you'll be such a hit with family or friends! Well worth the 45 minutes or so it'll take to whip up a batch of these delightful yummy ginger cookies! Pin It

4 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Really... when is the blogger party? If you are going to torture us with pictures and descriptions of yummies... you have to feed us at some point. :-)

Jen

Poolie said...

Jen's right... it's cruel and unusual punishment to show off treats that look so tasty without sharing. Now I'm going to have to go downstairs and counter surf because I'm hungry.

Heather said...

i heart ginger snaps. and so do my girls. but mine come out of a box. maybe i'll try my hand at making some thanks to kitchen queen patti

Zan said...

Patti, you make it look so easy. I think that's the sign of a truly talented cook. Thanks for sharing the recipe!